Thursday, December 15, 2011

Finding Myself

I would like to get real with y'all this morning.  I have always struggled a bit with my sexuality.  Don't get me wrong: I'm crazy about my husband and have been since the moment I met him.  But even as a child, I was sexually curious about girls.  Who isn't?  I believe everyone is a bit bi-curious but just might not be comfortable enough to admit it.  I'm going to go ahead and say today that I am occasionally attracted to a woman.  I would never pursue it beyond an innocent kiss on the mouth, but that doesn't change the fact that it's there.  It exists.  And I don't want to hide it any more. 


I grew up in a very conservative community in Indiana.  Racism and homophobia run rampant.  I never felt like I fit there, and that's why I moved away as soon as I could.  The worst feeling EVER is not being able to be true to yourself, and I never felt I was able to just be me in Indiana. 


Judge me if you will, but that's not your place.  I know who I am.  I love who I am.  And God loves me no matter what you think.


Keep praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment