Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First Day of Work

Who's your favorite Amish girl?

I had my first day at Essenhaus today. It went pretty well: I caught on quickly and only messed up a few times. Everyone seemed very happy with their meal and service, so I think it's going to be a pretty easy gig. BUT standing for 7 hours on my crippled legs wasn't too fun! I was doing pretty good until about halfway through. I chose not to take a break when they offered me one, because I wasn't hurting yet; I know now to take an offered break from now on no matter how I'm feeling. Kolin gave me a good foot rub when I got home, which was fantastic.

The other job prospect (at Derby Photography) doesn't seem like it's going to happen. I went there Friday for my second interview, and the guy didn't show up. It was so aggravating, because it takes 30 minutes to get there. He called back today and left a message saying he was "on location" and said he would call again tomorrow. I'm just going to tell him that I can't waste the gas to drive there unless he's actually going to hire me. As I said in my previous post, I don't like getting the runaround.

Keep praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment