Thursday, August 13, 2009

No Longer Jobless

I've been melancholy the past few days, and I'm not quite sure why. Hopefully it will pass.

Onto happier news: I finally got a job as a hostess/cashier at Das Dutchman Essenhaus, an Amish restaurant in Middlebury (shout out to Trash who used to call this Amish countryside home!). I went in for an interview Wednesday and was hired on the spot - very cool! It's more part-time than full, so I'm hoping to get another part-time position. I had an interview at Derby Photography last week that seemed promising and he wants to see me again tomorrow morning to see how well I know Photoshop; I wish he would just hire me or tell me to forget it instead of (what feels like) giving me the runaround. We shall see...

On the healing front: I'm doing my therapy daily and feel like I'm getting better while I'm doing it but still am skeptical about my wrist; I just want to be able to use it like I could before! It's extremely frustrating, but I'm trying to remain optimistic. It's good to have Kolin around to celebrate tiny victories with me and cheer me up when things don't seem to be going well.

Keep praying and think about how truly blessed you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment